Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The First Day

In this, my first post, I'd like to tell everyone a little bit about me. Firstly, I have a website www.BlackCatStunts.com which is currently under construction, but should be up and running again soon. There I will have pics, video, my resume, all that fun stuff. In the meantime, here is where I will be keeping folks up to date on what I am up to.

I am almost 25 years old, as my birthday is in less than a month. In this quarter of a century of life I have been a model, a lobster fisher(wo)man, trained horses, done street performance as a cat for 5 years in downtown Salem, been set on fire (safely and on purpose), done a high fall from 40 feet, and trained with some of the best fight/stunt guys and gals out there.

I have been training with broadswords since I was 13, was certified as an actor combatant with the Society of American Fight Directors when I was 18, became an apprentice in the United Stuntmen's Association at 20, and joined Suit of Sables Theatre and Pastimes Interactive Theatre at 22. In Pastimes I have been a fight captain and choreographed some fights, and have played Anne Bonney, the famous female pirate, Nimue the enchantress, and the Captain of the Guard for the Robin Hood Faire. In Suit of Sables I have played an assassin, and elf, and a vampire hunter named Ryan Cross in the hit play "Demonslayers" which is set to be performed again at the West End Theatre in Glouchester in April.

My plan is to move out to LA with my boyfriend once we are ready and really give the Hollywood world a "fresh kick in the face" to use a phrase of his.

____________________________


So what exactly are you going to find here? A variety of things. Reviews of movies, books, TV shows, games, whatever have you. I graduated with a BA in Theatre Performance with a minor in Dramatic Literature so I know what I'm talking about. But don't take my word for it! Read what I have to say! If you like it, great! Let me know! If not, no harm done! And as a bonus you get a behind the scenes look at what a pretty damn good stage combatant/stuntwoman does, with first views of any modeling photo shoots that I do!

Have fun!

No comments: